If you do not know anything about rooting, you should read through the article: What is ROOT Android ? – Best Android Root Software 2020
If you have not rooted, you can refer to the following article: How To Root Phones – Why Root Android ? – Root SuperSu 2020
There is a lot of information surrounding rooting or not rooting a phone. Although rooting will bring certain benefits to users, there are also its disadvantages. So should root phone or not? Or how to return rooted phone to its original state? How to delete SuperSu? The answer will be in this article.
Should root the phone?
1.1 Pros of Root
- Install special applications.
- Customize into the system as: interface, features, …
- Speed up the CPU or fine tune the file in the system for phones with outdated configuration.
- Optimize storage capacity with some applications that require root such as: App2SD, Link2SD, SD Maid Pro … These applications are very useful in cleaning the machine’s storage capacity or transferring data via cards. external memory.
- Uninstall unnecessary applications.
- Change interface: After rooting the device, you can also change the look of the phone, you can completely change the icons or fonts depending on each person’s preferences.
- Help speed up the phone.
- Block ads.
- Hack games, hack apps.
1.2 Cons of Root
- Some applications do not work on rooted phones: For applications that require high security, the rooted phone is an obstacle.
- Losing warranty.
- Your equipment is more vulnerable to attack (possibly losing your personal information, many important accounts).
- If you install the bad ROM will make your computer may be slow or frozen.
After all, if you really understand your phone and the root app you’re going to use, rooting your phone will give you a phone with a whole body from within. And vice versa, your phone will become a real brick forever.
How to un-root (remove root)
Before Un-rooting your device, you should perform Backup of all data before performing Un-rooting, backup to your computer or SD card.
2.1 Un-root using SuperSU application:
After rooting, most of your device will have SuperSU installed. If not already installed, download this application on Google Plays.
After installing this application you need to launch the SuperSU application on the phone screen.
- Go to Settings and select Full Unroot.
- Select Continue at the next screen. It takes about 1-2 minutes for the system to process the request, then the Unroot SuperUser screen will close automatically.
- Restart your phone.
- Re-enable the SuperSU app if you see a message asking you to root your device, which means you have successfully Unroot the device. Now you just need to uninstall SuperSU and the phone will completely return to being rootless.
2.2 Un-root using ES File Explorer
Download and install the ES File Explorer application.
Turn on ES File Explorer and go to the Tools menu, select Root Explorer.
The device will ask you to give root permission for the ES File Explorer application you choose Allow It.
Select ‘/’ in the top corner of the screen then select System / bin and delete 2 files named busybox and su respectively. In case you cannot delete these 2 files or cannot find them, skip this step.
Go back to System folder, open xbin folder and delete 2 files busybox and su.
Go to System / App and delete the file supeuser.apk.
Reboot the system.
2.3 Un-root with OTA update
Using OTA update will break the device’s root status. However, you will have to wait until the entire application is updated.
Instructions on how to delete SuperSu
You find and download Super SU to the device that needs root.
Open the Super SU application, click through the “Settings” tab.
The installation menu appears, scroll down to the “Clean up” section to pay attention to the “Complete root cancellation” section.
Click on “Cancel root completely”. A warning appears, read and if you accept root cancellation then click “Continue”.
After un-rooting successfully, reboot the device and at that time, this application is no longer needed, you can uninstall SuperSu.
In short, there’s no denying the benefits of rooting your phone, so if you really want to get the most out of an Android phone, you should root it. If you are not too sure about the rooting, you should not because the smartphones now have relatively fast updates, the rooting will be more difficult. Finally, the decision to root or not is still in you, root can also be un-root but be careful to follow each step when rooting the phone.