Virtual Private Network -> VPN is a network technology that helps create a secure connection when joining a public network such as the Internet or a private network owned by a service provider.
A VPN system can connect to many different sites, based on region, geographical area … similar to the standard Wide Area Network (WAN). Besides, VPN is also used to “diffuse” and expand Internet models to better convey information and data.
VPNs are often used to connect computers within a company, corporation or organization. Large corporations, educational institutions and government agencies use VPN technology to allow remote users to securely connect to their own private networks. For individual users, a VPN is used to protect online traffic of users from snooping, tampering and censorship.
Advantages of VPN
- Provides remote access to an organization’s resources anytime, anywhere.
- Connecting office branches together.
- Control access of customers, suppliers and external entities to the organization’s resources.
If you want to connect to the VPN system, each account must be authenticated (must have a Username and Password). These account credentials are used to grant access via a data – Personal Identification
Number (PIN), which is usually valid for a certain period of time (30 seconds or 1 minute). . When connecting a computer or another device such as a phone or tablet to a VPN, the computer behaves like it is on the same local network as the VPN. All traffic on the network is sent over a secure connection to the VPN. Thus, you can securely access intranet resources even when you are very far away.
Access the home network, even if not at home.
You can set up a separate VPN for access when you’re not at home. This will allow you to access Windows remotely via the Internet, use shared files on the local network, and play games on your computer over the Internet just like you would on a LAN.
- Browse the web anonymously
All information transmitted over the network will now be encrypted. When browsing the web with a VPN, the computer contacts the website via an encrypted VPN connection.
All requests, information, data exchanged between you and the website will be transmitted in a secure connection.
- Fake IP
VPN can fake IP to other countries via VPN to play games (because the game will check the IP range is allowed by the country), or create a VPN to see YouTube channels locked by country, or go to one Websites are locked, …
- Safe when using public Wifi
Your personal traffic is encrypted and transmitted securely over the Internet. This helps keep you away from Internet threats. You can safely use public Wifi and not have to worry about hackers, and can safely connect to the server remotely.
- Download the file
Downloading BitTorrent on a VPN will help speed up file downloading. This is also useful for the traffic that your ISP may interfere with.
Disadvantages of VPN
- VPNs do not have the ability to manage Quality of Service (QoS) via the Internet environment, so data packets – Data packages are still at risk of being lost or risk. The management capabilities of VPN providers are limited, no one can predict what can happen to their customers, or in short, being hacked.
- Many online websites are becoming wary of VPNs and creating many obstacles to prevent or reduce access to restricted content. Users can also use VPNs for illegal activities, making the technology notorious.
- Free VPNs will save you a lot of money, but you will pay for your own safety. Therefore, if you want to use a VPN with full of functions and strong configuration, you must have quite a monthly budget.
- VPN usually does not help users completely anonymous.
- Some VPN providers collect and sell customer data.
This is all you need to know about VPN. Before choosing a suitable VPN application, you should understand what the VPN is for, its advantages and disadvantages to be able to take advantage of all the useful features from the VPN.
Which vpn software is the most effective!
To evaluate the effectiveness of VPN applications, it is not possible to say all, however, each application will have different advantages and disadvantages, suitable for different models, from which you have a good choice for me,
However apkstore.io will suggest you some names that you can choose
1 – VPN Hola – This is a great network converter application, with fast processing speed, in addition it also has options for each country such as USA, UK, Italya ….. so you can choose Choose more comfortable
2 – ExpressVPN: The ExpressVPN application is a great option if you are new to VPN. ExpressVPN is easy to use and its connection speed is very fast.
3 – Avast VPN : Formed for a long time, and used by many people on windows and pc, recently the publisher has built and implemented it on mobile devices, helping users to use it better, more effective
4 – ProtonVPN :ProtonVPN has a total of 785 servers, located in 48 different countries.
5 – Hotspot Shield VPN : This is a very old application, developed on many different platforms
Here is a detailed article of these VPNs for you to consult: Top 5 VPN 2020